Friday, August 31, 2007

Another Dancing Christian

So you know that I am into ballroom dancing and I absolutely love it. My lessons and practice parties at Arthur Murray Dance Studio are a super form of exercise and something of a stress reliever. More than that though, it is a time when I am surrounded by people who need Christ. For months I have been praying and looking for opportunities to witness to both fellow students and instructors. Once in a while I will have a small chance to at least speak up for Christ, but not any long discussions about the Gospel. Still praying...

There is another young woman, older than me but not much, with whom I have been getting acquainted. She attends and works for a Wesleyan church. Last night I had the opportunity to talk with her a bit longer than usual and found out that she, too, is a believer! What an incredible discovery! I had felt quite alone and out of place at the studio, despite having made a few acquaintances. Now I have a sister dancing with me! Amazing. Pray that we might be able to meet on our own time, outside the studio, to talk and encourage each other. I hope that we, together, may be able to shed light on the Truth to our lost friends at the studio. There is strength in numbers, and though we may only be two, perhaps there are others like us lacking the boldness to speak up. God is good, and I am beyond excited about this great opportunity for fellowship and the possibilities we may have to share Jesus Christ. I guess even a ballroom dancing studio can be a mission field!

5 comments:

gone forever said...

hey girl!! HOw cool that you're into ball room dancing. i have wanted to do a dance class with my husband drew for what seems like FOREVER!! We just had a baby and the dance lessons is what I wanted to do for our date night once a week. well come to find out, our church is going to be doing ballroom dancing on sunday nights begining in just a few short weeks!!! (we don't do sunday night church, we have small groups instead). so I am SOOo excited about it! you should take a trip to texas and dance with me once i get it down...lol. no, wait...next alumni game...we can waltz across the field. haha..okay, maybe not. i just wanted to stop by and say hey. i followed the link from coach's blog. TTYL!
KJ (Kowalcyk) McCUistion

Lindsey said...

hey Kaje! I saw some pics that Kristin had on her facebook, Andi is so adorable! Wish I lived closer, but a trip to Texas would definitely be a possiblity.

So yeah, I have been dancing now for almost 8 months. I have a private instructor and everything! It is so way fun. One of the head instructors said I "stumbled onto the prodigy hidden in me" or something like that. My favorite dances are the Waltz and Samba. That is so cool that your church is going to have ballroom dancing. Let me know how it goes, ok?

Love you!

RouziTheBee said...

Hallo, Lindsey.
You don't know me, but I was googling "ballroom dancing Christian" and came accross your blog. The reason I went for this search is because my daughter (eight) has started attending ballroom dancing classes a few months ago. For the last two years she has been attending classical ballet classes, but her teacher went to another country and now there is no ballet school in my town. After thinking a lot about it, I decided I would sign her up for ballrooom dancing because we have a good studio in town, they go to international contests and even win prizes, they've been around for many years and the coaches are serious people. The reason I had to think a lot before sending her there is the nature of ballroom dancing and especially the more rythmic dances, which are also 'hotter', so to say, and more 'erotic' (or maybe this is not the right word). As a Christian I am worried lest she be involved in activities that promote scarce clothing, exposing a woman's body to the public, and a body language that speaks about intimacy and sexuality.

So, what's your opinion about this? I realize classical ballet can be erotic and sexual too, but it seems in ballroom dancing it is more so. There aren't many Christian dancers around to talk to, actually there are none that I personally know, so I'd be glad to talk to you about it. If you would like, you could contact me on my e-mail, too - rossi1977@abv.bg. Thanks. Good day.

RouziTheBee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
all4dance said...

hey, I was googling stuff about ballroom dancing and christians.....See, I have this passion for dancing, but I'm not sure if its right for christians to do them as some of the tend to be erotic...Just wanted to find out your opinion...you can email me at