Saturday, August 4, 2007

Peaceful, Magical.....Perfect

Ever had one of those "perfect" moments? The kind when everything, I mean every little detail, is just right? The moments when you want to stop time and stay in that moment forever? I had one of those tonight. I was at Sam and Jeff's babysitting. Their kids, and Mark and Marcy's kids, were sleeping soundly upstairs and down. After starting and stopping two different movies, I decided to take my book out onto the screen porch overlooking the lake. I'm glad I did so. It was at least 11 pm by then and the air had cooled considerably. The porch was illuminated only by a light coming from somewhere inside the house and the string of lantern lights along the top of the screen portion. I looked up from the pages at one point and took in my surroundings. Soft glowing lights, sounds of the lake, a comfy chair, a cozy blanket, and an enchanting book. Anyone with an imagination would have agreed that the trees looked like strong and steadfast sentinels guarding the castle with its precious people inside. But not much imagination was needed, for everything truly was as marvelous it seemed. So peaceful......and magical......and perfect.That's the kind of moment that takes your breath away. That moment could have gone on forever.

No comments: