Friday, August 10, 2007

Who Wants to go to Jail?

Tuesday night I didn't feel like going to jail. I know, who ever feels like going to jail, right? But I wasn't going to be locked up, I was going to do Bible study, and I just didn't feel like it. I went anyway. From past experiences I know that to give in to the Holy Spirit's prompting is always the right choice. When I arrived, one of the chaplains was giving a devotional to the volunteers as usual. He was talking about doing this kind of ministry even when we don't feel like it! Boy, was I glad I chose to go. Only four ladies were out that night, and two of them wanted to sit and do Bible study. We met with them for a bit before they got called away to medical. While they were away I went over to one of the cells to talk to two ladies I have known for some time now. Just that day the inmates in C pod had been rearranged and these two ladies ended up together. Praise God! I ended up staying and talking to them through their door the rest of the evening. We talked about personal things, spiritual things, and all sorts of other things. The whole evening was completely arranged by God, I know it, for just next door was another girl whom I had met a while back and she was listening in on our conversation. I felt used that night, praise the Lord. It was a totally unexpected and unusual situation, but it was one of the best nights of jail ministry I have ever had.

No comments: