Sunday, August 5, 2007

Pour Me

Read Isaiah 58. Are you like the people of Israel, and like me, performing religious acts while failing to recognize and fulfill the needs of others? Go ahead and go to church, tithe, sing in the choir...but what about the person who needs a meal, a winter coat, a place to sleep? How are you pouring your soul (verse 10) into others who are hungry, poor, afflicted? As Pastor Patten mentioned in church this morning, there are hundreds of ways to serve at home, at church, in the community. Think about serving someone every single day. Do something that allows you to be used up...your time, energy, money. See how it goes. See how it changes your life. It's tough to think of someone else's needs when I have so many wants and desires of my own to fulfill. But if that's what God wants from me that's what I must do and He will enable me to do it. Are you willing to join me?

No comments: