Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ich bin krank!

No, that does not mean "I am cranky", it means "I am sick". No, I'm not sick now, but I was. Monday I had the icky, puky flu. Don't worry, I shan't go into detail. But I was still not feeling great on Tuesday, though markedly better, and I was reading a book about World War II (surprise, surprise) and the woman by and about whom the book was written happened to make the comment, "Nein! Ich bin krank!" which, in German, means "No! I am sick!". I loved Germany, and the language, (and the food, but that's beside the point) and I was not feeling well at all so that phrase just made my day...the other day. Heute fühle ich groß und glücklich, aus dem Haus heraus zu sein! Today I am feeling great and happy to be out of the house! I wish I could tell you that I can actually say all that in German, but I can't. Someday I will be able to write a whole post in German, just you wait. But for now, I must credit Babel Fish Translation for helping me with what I wished to say. And I decided that I am going to teach my students German this year. Actually, we will learn it together since I don't actually know the language, just little bits here and there. I think it will be fun.

No comments: