Sunday, May 6, 2007

Random Thoughts

It's been a while since I have shared my thoughts here. Not many people read this blog though so I don't know if it matters too much really. Having this blog has made me realize how unexciting my life is. Don't get me wrong...I am incredibly busy and blessed. Every night of the week I am off doing something, and I house/dog/kid sit just about every other week it seems. I think the thing is that every week is the same. Nothing really changes. But that's ok. I like my life. It does seem too easy though. Since I work with other believers, I rarely have opportunity to mingle with unbelievers and be challenged in my faith. I have been hearing about believers in other countries, other situations, who are losing their lives or at least facing grave danger because of their open faith. My life is safe, comfortable, and totally risk- free. If I really lived like Christ could return at any moment, I don't think my life would be so sweet and easy. On the flip side of all this I am grateful for safety, freedoms, plenty of food and clothing (and I do mean plenty! You should see my cupboards and my closet). But how can I step out and take some risks? Sitting around and waiting for risks to come to me...well, that's just silly. This summer I am going to let God change my life. In my lovely, wonderful world God can make a difference in me if I let Him. It seems to me that when a person opens their schedule, wallet, etc. to God and asks Him to do with it as He pleases, He is more than happy to oblige! That right there is risky business. One must count the cost of service to Christ because to go back on one's commitment....oh, that's bad. Am I ready to pay the price? To take up my cross and truly follow Christ as I ought? I guess we'll find out.

No comments: