Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Family is Forever

My family, my mom's side that is, is huge and crazy. Huge, loud, and crazy! Uncle Chip and Nicole are the loudest I think =), but we're all pretty loud. Despite our loudness and craziness, or maybe because of it, my family possesses an unbreakable bond. When someone is hurt, family is there. When someone is celebrating, family is there. When we just miss eachother and feel like some fun, family is there! We don't exactly need a reason to get together, we just do it. Some of my favorite family times have been Christmas Eve at Gram and Gramps' house (especially singing around the piano), camping at Hoffmaster together, and Monday (now switching to Tuesday) nights at the beach. Food is always involved, as well as large doses of laughter. Hugs are passed around from one person to the next and back again. We love eachother, protect eachother, cry together, sing together. God has brought our family through some of the highest "ups" and lowest "downs". Through births and deaths, weddings and graduations....God has sustained each one of us through everyone else. Some people have four, five, maybe even ten cousins...I have 24! Three of those cousins I grew up with like sisters, and many of us grew up playing together as friends as well as relatives. My aunts and uncles cared for me like I was one of their own; I suppose I was, really. We all are eachother's. I believe it is only through God, His love for us, and our love for Him that has carried us through the years. Some of the family isn't as close as others, and that is sad for them. They really are missing out on the best family in the world. My heart overflows with love for my family and love for the God Who created each one of us and put us together.

No comments: