Thursday, May 31, 2007

True Friends

Prayer meeting the last month or so has been a real blessing to me. God has used my prayer time with a variety of ladies to refresh my tired spirit. Through family trials, school stress, and spiritual battles these women have encouraged me and lifted me up before our compassionate, merciful Savior. Last night I was blessed to pray with just Kelli B. We have been friends for several years, and she, like her sister Trish, has much wisdom to offer. I appreciate Kelli because she will not tell me things that make me feel better. She will only tell me biblical truths that cause me to walk closer to God and fulfill His will for my life. Some things she said to me last night were perhaps uncomfortable at first, but I am so glad she said them. I can only praise God for friends who know the Truth and are willing to share it. Kelli's focus last night was pleasing God, not pleasing me. I know God will bless her for the encouragement she has been to me, and I know that I have already been blessed by God in the friendship that I share with Kelli.

No comments: