Sunday, May 20, 2007

Graduation...Looking Back

Tonight Alicia and Lana graduated from LBA as the 20th graduating class of the school. That means I was the 14th graduating class of LBA. Six years since I graduated from high school. Six years of learning and growing, six years of heartaches and joys, six years that sped by so fast I can hardly remember what happened! Of course, my biggest memory of the last six years is the four years I spend at Maranatha. Those were the "growing-ist" years of my life. The people, the classes, the experiences all worked together to mold me into who I am today. I should say, God used all those things to mold me. When I look back at who I was when I started college my heart is full of awe at what God has done. Moment by moment, day by day, year by year He has graciously, tenderly stripped away the dirt in my life to make me a vessel clean and ready for His use. Tonight Alicia quoted 2 Timothy 2:21 which says that those who cleanse themselves from everything that is dishonorable will be a holy, honorable vessel prepared for every good work. As God has worked in me, so I have had to make choices to get to this place. It is my choice to separate from all that is ungodly to all that is holy. Quite a concept: I must make the choice, but it is only in God's power that I can follow through with those choices!

I was so proud of the young women who graduated tonight. They are far beyond the spiritual level I was at when I graduated. These two, Lana and Alicia, have already stepped out of their comfort zone many times, taken risks for Christ, and thought about how they will live for Him in the future. They are ready to go, ready to stand up and shout out Christ's holy name. I wish I had been there when I was a high school senior. But, I am grateful that God took me from where I was at that time and pushed me to where I am today. Still growing, still learning....a sinner saved by grace.

No comments: