Thursday, May 10, 2007

Answered Prayer


This story is a few months old, but in light of my upcoming trip I wanted to share it with everyone. Last year the car I had been driving died. It was a little red Neon that belonged to my parents. "The little flying red tomato" served me well during college, but I guess the trips back and forth to Wisco. were just to much for her. So for many months I prayed and looked and looked and prayed for a new car. I decided to pray specifically. I prayed for low(or decent) mileage, clean and nice looking, a Cd player, and something within my price range. I found several cars that would have been sufficient, but none of the vehicles were exactly what I was praying for. God can provide anything, so I didn't want to limit Him. I said "No" to everything that did not fit my prayer request. Finally, at the end of August, I spotted a little black Focus not too far from my house on Beacon Blvd. I talked TAD into taking me to look at it. It was a practically-brand-new-looking 2001 Ford Focus hatchback. Low miles, in my price range, super clean and nice, and a Cd player! I knew immediately that this was what I had been praying for. TAD went with me again to test drive it, and I bought it on September 1. I am so grateful for the car God has provided me, and I tell this story any chance I get.

This summer my "little cricket", as I like to call her, will take mom and me on our road trip south and west. I have no doubt that she will get us there and back with no trouble at all. And being such a small car, she gets pretty good gas mileage too!

1 comment:

tacky said...

Thanks for sharing your answer to prayer! I hadn't heard the story before now! You are wrong...I check out your blog frequently...I just don't always take the time to comment! It is a neat way to record your thoughts and then go back and rehash what is going on in your life! It is a blessing to other! Have fun with the end of school! Kari