Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Severe Case of Gratitude

Last night I prayed with Kelli B., Sarah H., and Amity Z. What a spirit- lifting time of prayer we had. Everyone's prayers were filled with words of joy, praise, and gratitude. Some of those ladies are really struggling in different areas, yet they lifted their voices in heart- felt worship toward a good, holy God!!! Amen and Amen! As we finished and went our ways my heart was filled with admiration for those three ladies, gratitude to God for putting them in my life, and a new perspective on my own struggles. The things I fight with in life seem so trivial compared to some of the things mentioned in our prayer group. How can I be so focused on my silly little problems when I should be praying for others, serving others, sacrificing my time and energy for others?! I know God cares about my personal trials, but I also know He wants me to give them over to Him so I can focus on others' needs more than my own.

No comments: