Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Unexpected Blessing

This morning as I got ready for school I kept thinking of things I needed from the store...tooth brush, hair spray, salsa, bananas, water. As the list kept growing so did my concern for how I'd be able to get the food and things I needed and still have enough money for gas and things for the next two weeks. As I wrote and worried I thought, "Well, God, You'll provide." I determined not to worry or even think about it any more today. No point, really. When I got to school I noticed something in my box in the office, so I went to retrieve it. Angie handed it to me, and I was curious to see a plain white business size envelope with a little sticky note with my name on it. What in the world? As I flipped it over I saw that it was money inside. I assumed it was money for one of my students for pizza on Friday. But, pizza doesn't cost $100, and that is what I found in the envelope. No note or anything, just a sticky note with my name on it and a hundred dollar bill. Angie and Jan assured me it was for me and no, I couldn't know who it was from. Well, I say it is from God, because not even my mom knew I had been anxious about my finances for the next two weeks. Amazing. This afternoon I was not only able to buy the groceries and things I needed today, but also a few other personal and household things that I was going to just do without until I had a little extra money. Besides, I still have more than enough left for gas this week and next. Thank you to whoever gave me the money, and thank You, God.

1 comment:

tacky said...

What a blessing to see how God provides! It keeps getting better and better. Cheryl T.