Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Platypuses

Platypuses are the thing for me,
Even when they're in my tea.
And when they're in my pool with me,
They're still the thing, the thing for me.
And when these platypuses grow,
I tie them up, right in a bow.
And when these platypuses sew,
I sew them them up, 'till they say NO!
These platypuses are so good,
At playing movies, like Robin Hood.
And if they could, they really would,
They'd go outside, and they'd chop wood.
They have a bill, and big webbed feet,
And in the water, they go beat beat.
If platypuses are in the heat,
A sad thing happens, they turn to wheat.
This poem was written by Michael Woodby, one of my current students. However, he wrote it, I think, in fourth grade with Mrs. Johnson. He came across a copy of it the other day and let me read it. I loved it! I asked for his permission to post it on my blog for all of you to enjoy. He said that would be fine. Hope you like it as much as I did!

3 comments:

Kaytlyn said...

I loved it!!! It was so great! :)

Melissa Franklin said...

I love that poem... I would have has no idea is was written by a 4th grader. I thought it was one of those poems by Jack Prelutsky. :)

kathryn said...

wow, mikey is a poet! i'll have to ask him about that one. i'm pretty impressed!