Friday, March 21, 2008

Little Things

Yesterday was a fabulous day. First of all, the sun was shining and that always makes my spirits soar. Second, I had a ballroom lesson and practice party to look forward to all day. Third, it was nice enough out and I live close enough to Leppink's to walk there and get something I needed for my dinner. I wanted to go for a walk and it was such a happy moment to realize I could do that and the other thing all at once. But my students get full credit for truly making my day one of the best in a long while. We have been working on some tricky verbs such as lie/lay and rise/raise. Working together in class they had some struggles figuring out all the forms of those verbs and when to use them. Yesterday they had a quiz over those verbs, and I was a little nervous about how they would do. So I gave them the quiz and waited......then we scored their answers.....and their scores just blew me away! I was seriously just floating the rest of the day. Several of them even got more than a 100% because I gave them a couple bonus things to do. After that I told them several times how proud I was of them. This morning after pledges and prayer I said, "Have I mentioned how proud I am of how well you did on that quiz yesterday?" They all said, "Yes you did, Miss D.!" We all had a smile over that one =) What a blessing for a teacher to see her students learning and growing. I thank God for allowing me the privilege of molding young lives in so many ways. And I thank Him for showing me through times like these that my work is paying off. I never forget that their spiritual growth is most important, but what teacher wouldn't be proud of her students doing so well on something they'd been struggling with?! I love God, and I love my students.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Good for you and your class--tackling tough verbs! Love those irregulars! :-)
Mrs. Mayes