Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Love Being Tall

First of all, I must mention that Andrea George flew in from Salt Lake City today and I am so excited to have her home I could jump and shout for joy...only it's a quarter til midnight and my parents are asleep in the room next door, so I won't. But, you get the idea. She's been my bestest friend for a very long time and I hate that she lives on the opposite side of the country. When she is here I actually have someone to hang out with.
Now, here's why I love being tall. And this is so random that many of you will shake your heads in amazement at my absurdity, but that's ok. When I go to Meijer and am ready to check out, lots of times I will get in the first express lane (down at the end by the pharmacy for those who know Grand Haven Meijer). One day I realized that I stand more than a head taller than the display shelves that separate the lanes, and that I could see all the way to the other end to the self checkout lanes. That alone was a cool discovery. But then I noticed something even cooler. Along the top of the display shelves between the lanes is a row of colorful Meijer gift cards. Every shelf has a row at the top, from that first express lane all the way to the other end. So I can look down and see row upon row of gift cards and it seems to go on forever. And I wish I could take a picture because you probably have no idea what I mean but if you could see it for yourself you would see just how cool it looks. So anyway, that's another reason I like being tall. I can see things from a different perspective than the shorter variety human beings.

1 comment:

Traci said...

You do tall well! You stand up straight and you hold your head up.
Mrs. Mayes