Saturday, July 7, 2007

Sisters


For some reason God chose not to give me any biological sisters. I think it would be fun to have a sister. TAD is the best brother in the world and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but he's not a sister. By God's grace, I have been blessed with a handful of women who are pretty much sisters to me. One of those women is my cousin, Amanda. We are 361 days apart in age, me being older. As we have become adults, she a wife and a mother even, our relationship has grown stronger. She will call me anytime she wants to and I will do the same. When I am at her house, she and Adam let me stay as late as I want. Amanda lets me talk about my ballroom dancing as much as I want and I will gladly listen to her talk about her Mary Kay business. I could go on and on and be here all night, but what I am really trying to say is this: if I had a biological sister, I would want her to be just like Amanda. I am privileged to have a sister-like relationship with her. She is not only my cousin and 'sister', but also my friend.


Today we had a girl's day...Amanda, Grace (her 8 month old daughter), and I went to the bead store (it's real name is Creative Fringe) and made jewelry. Amanda made a gorgeous necklace with matching earrings, and I made a fabulous pink and black necklace. The picture is a bit shadowy, but we are wearing the pieces we made. Fun times!

No comments: