Saturday, July 7, 2007

Friendly Day





All my college friends live in other parts of the country, except for Karin Woodby of course. Today I got a call from Bethanie Wall, my best friend in college. We talked for about an hour and a half, just getting caught up on each other's lives. Email is great, but a phone call is better. Then this evening I was invited to dinner at the Woodby's house and then to go out with Karin and Melissa MacNeal. Melissa lives in New York but is working at Camp CoBeAc for the summer. She was the same year as Karin in school, two years behind me. They were friends first, but when we started riding to church together and working in Sparks together on Wednesday nights Melissa and I also got to be pretty good friends. I loved college and miss all my friends, so I was blessed to have contact with two of them today. Thank You, Lord!

So, tonight Karin, Melissa, and I went down and walked on the boardwalk. First we stopped in Mackinaw Kite Co. and had some fun. On our walk to the pier we walked on the rocks just like when we were kids. Saturday nights are always crowded and super busy, but it was still fun. After our trek to the end of the pier we stopped in at Cold Stone to enjoy some of their delicious ice cream. Great friends, nice weather, yummy food, perfect night!

No comments: