Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Story of My Life (just the last few days, not the whole thing!)

I was reminded today that it has been almost a week since I last posted. The way I like to talk that is somewhat surprising. My life definitely has not been dull this last week, I just didn't come up with anything terribly post- worthy in my opinion. So here's some of what has occupied my time this last week. You can decide whether or not it is post- worthy! Ben Bylsma and Jen Shepard got married Friday night in a very sweet ceremony. Aunt Angie made the soups for the reception....mmm, mmm, good. Saturday our church had a Block Party. About half the people in attendance were from the surrounding community, which was the goal of the party. I think we made a good impression, both for our church and our Savior. I helped out some during the event, and beforehand I helped with all the signs (for games, crafts, etc.) I must say, for a totally uncreative person those signs turned out pretty well. I should have taken a picture to show off my handiwork. On Sunday morning our young adult ensemble sang a gorgeous medley of worship- themed songs. It's a fun group to sing in, and we are starting to blend beautifully. We also had an extra choir practice in the evening to prepare for our morning worship service at the waterfront next week. Monday I babysat the Anhalt kids a short while and cleaned for Sam for 3 hours. Bathrooms, sweeping, vacuuming, what a workout! Today I babysat another cousin's kids for a few hours. I love little boys! Spiders, bikes, soccer, Hot Wheels...sometimes that stuff is way better than dress-up, dolls, and princesses! Of course, intermingled with all of these exciting (or not?) events I have had a ballroom lesson, groups, and a party. I also ordered some new dancing shoes today.
So, not a lot to report, but that's my life the last several days. I shall try to keep it better up to date!

No comments: