Wednesday, July 25, 2007

How Do You Know...

if I really, truly care about you? Ask me to get up early to do something with or for you and you will find out! Sam invited me to go to Holland with her today to browse the quaint shops up and down 8th Street while her boys attended science camp. She had to pick me up at 8:15 a.m. For a teacher with the summer off, that is way too early. Since I love Sam so much and take any chance to spend time with her, I was willing to drag my lazy bum out of bed this morning at 7:14. Ick. It was definitely worth it, though. We started with tea and a muffin for Sam, hot chocolate for me, and a bagel and milk for Cate at JP's, then found some fun shops to inspect. Bookstores, candy stores, clothes stores, you name it. At a neat drug store/apothecary I found a magnet with a perfect quote: "Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet!" (Roger Miller) The weather was somewhat cloudy and breezy, just right for walking around town. Cate and Will accompanied us on this outing and they behaved like angels. They're quite fun to have around, actually. I had to smile when Cate called me over to look at some puzzles, "Aunt Lindsey, come right here!" After we picked up the boys and were pulling out of the parking lot the rain came drip by drop until it was an absolute downpour. The timing couldn't have been better. Thank You, Lord! It was a memorable morning, even if I did have to sacrifice a few hours of sleep.

No comments: