Friday, June 1, 2007

Vacation Frustration

When I was a kid my family took some pretty great vacations. Petoskey, Old Mission, Mackinac Island, King's Island, Yellowstone. We also took day trips to places like Chicago and Traverse City. My dad likes to travel, and I have been bitten by the same bug. One little thing about those vacations always annoyed me, however. Actually, the annoying part took place before we left. We would pack our bags, load the car, do some last minute clean up, and then we were on the road. The next thing I knew, my Dad would be pulling into the gas station for gas and/or a capuccino. "So what's the big deal?" you ask. The problem was not with the gas station stop, but the fact that it was only the first of several stops that also always included the bank and Meijer. I don't know why those things could not have been done ahead of time, but they never were. For my trip this summer, I vow to not make any of those stops! When the car is packed and we are in it, we will go until we absolutely have to stop and visit one of those lovely rest areas. =) Today I went to the bank, Meijer, and the gas station. I know I will have to go to the gas station one more time, but I will do it Sunday night on the way home from church so we are all set Monday morning!

1 comment:

Aficionado de Uruguay said...

Ha! Leonard!...that's awesome. I can totally relate. :)
- Sandy