Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Gray Day Downtown

Any day is a good day to enjoy Grand Haven's delightful downtown area, but a gray day makes it easier since on a sunny day I would rather be at the beach. Quaint shops, yummy restaurants, and crowds of both locals and tourists line both sides of Washington Street, the heart of downtown.

Today Andrea and I (and Nick, but not on purpose, we just ran into him) popped in and out of several shops. Anyone who comes to visit me in Grand Haven must stop at Mackinaw Kite Co. Amidst the hundreds of toys and games there is a little table to stand at and play games. A worker came over to us and taught us four new games. Rat-a-tat-Cat, Sleeping Queens, Blink, and Ruckus. All four of them were tons of fun....if you get the chance to play any of them, don't pass it up! The bead store is also another favorite. I made two pairs of earrings today, and have made several other pieces of jewelry in the past. Melt-in-your-mouth Italian chocolate can be found at the Italian store so that, too, is a must.

We wrapped up our shopping adventure with one of Grand Haven's famous pronto pups. These are not your everyday corn dogs...no,no,no indeed. I can't begin to explain how delicious they are. You just have to come and taste for yourself!

Have I convinced anyone to come visit yet? What must I say to convince you?! Don't worry, if I have not yet convinced you, I will soon enough. When I am done you will not be able to stay away!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi-

I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know I've added a link to your blog on http://grandhaven.wordpress.com/ in the sidebar under the "Local Blogs" section.

Thanks!