Friday, June 29, 2007

Don't You Dare Call the Musical Fountain Boring!


If you have not already guessed, I love living in Grand Haven. In all my travels, including overseas, I have not found a place that compares with the town I call "home." One of my favorite things about Grand Haven in the summer is the world- famous musical fountain. So many people see it once, then ignore it the rest of their lives. If I had the opportunity, I would walk the mile from my house down to the waterfront and sit and watch the musical fountains every single night. First of all, it starts around 10pm, so the town is fairly peaceful, definitely more quiet than during the day. Second, I love to just sit and listen to music; it is always interesting to hear what songs they come up with. Third, the movement of the water and the colors is practically hypnotizing; relaxing, to say the least. Last night I was fascinated as the colors changed right on the beat. Amazing! It truly reminds me of dancing....and for those of you who don't know (and for the ones who do know!), ballroom dancing is my number one hobby. So, there is a fourth reason for me to enjoy the musical fountain. Usually, I end up going by myself since no one else shares my passion for this spectacular event that takes place every summer night. But I don't mind. Going alone adds to the peacefulness and relaxation of the experience. All I can say is, you all are truly missing out on a lovely experience. Hope to see you there soon!

No comments: