Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Happy Snowday to Me!

Ich bin krank, again. I don't think it's right to have the flu three times 6 months. Normal people don't have it that much do they? Well, that explains it I guess...I'm not normal! And I'm sick all the time with allergies and sinus stuff anyway, so why am I complaining? I should be used to it by now. Ok, never mind. I've been sick again, big surprise, big deal. =) Maybe being sick alot is my thorn in the flesh. But I don't get it. Andrea was the one to point it out to me - I eat pretty well, I exercise and stay active, I drink lots of water. Doesn't add up. Just goes to show that God is control, not me, and that His strength is made perfect in my weakness. I want to be able to say, like Paul, "Needs, sickness, distress, persecution? Bring it on!" (ok, so I paraphrased that a bit; see 2 Corinthians 12:7ff)

Huge thanks to dad for coming to get me from my house and bringing me here so I could use the computer and be around other humans for a while. I love my house, but today would have been day four in their by myself. TAD has been around a bit, and we watched Two Towers the other night together. That was fun. But mostly I have been there by myself. Boring!! So, I watched the entire 9th season of Stargate SG-1, slept a billion hours, read my Bible and some Harry Potter book 5, slept some more, watched some random TV (oh, I love Ace of Cakes!), did my Bible study. Pretty much everything I did was lying in bed or on the couch. It is good to be out!

You know, I prayed and searched and worried and stressed for two years about moving out of my parents' house. Not once did God give me any clue as to what He had planned for me. I admit I felt a bit like Jeremiah in Lamentations 3:8, "Even when I cry and shout, He shuts out my prayer." Then, all of a sudden, God just threw everything in my lap all at once - the perfect roommate (TAD is not perfect, I mean he's just the right roommate=), the perfect house, the perfect price. Everything, just like that, when I was least expecting it. If I had tried to do things my way in my time I would probably be broke and sharing a dumb old apartment with someone I really don't like that much.
Now what I need to do is use this example of God's sovereignty and wisdom to encourage me in the area of men...or the lack thereof. From this experience and others I know that God's timing is not to be debated. He is not a minute early or late. I may want to be married now, or soon, but God knows when is the best time for me to meet someone and make that commitment. Why is it so hard to trust and wait, even when we have personal evidence of God's work like this? Don't you think that if we have seen Him work once, we should just be able to say, "Ok, that's it. You're in charge; You do things way better than I ever could!" But no, every little situation, at least in my life, must be surrendered to God individually. I guess it's better that way than not surrendering at all!

Phew, that was a mouthful! You can see that lying around for three days has given me lots of time to think and that I sorely missed communicating with everyone! I have lots to say and not alot of people to say it to lately. Praise God when I am healthy again and back to school.

No comments: