Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Even me

On the way to the jail last night I was feeling rather inadequate and unworthy to be doing such an important ministry. I basically told God He couldn't use me...not denying His power, but my own weakness. In a sense, then, I was denying His power. But when I got there, I had the opportunity to sit with three ladies and lead a Bible study about the mind. That is the area I have been struggling with and studying in my personal Bible study time. What a blessing to hear that these ladies were struggling with similar issues at the moment! One lady was encouraged to know that I, who am not in jail, was also have trials in life. We shared some verses, some good quotes from godly men and women, and some recent personal experiences. The entire hour and a half was an immense blessing to all four of us. I thank God that He can use me even in my weakness; indeed, that He can even use my weaknesses to get His work accomplished.

No comments: