Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Serenity

Today's journal entry required students to make a list of people, places, or things that come to mind when they think of the word "serene". I was impressed with the lists my students came up with so I decided to share a few from each list with you...if you knew my kids, you would be as touched as I was. I hope you are moved by their thoughtfulness anyway! 

 
an eagle soaring high above
walking through pine trees on a sunny day
water splashing on the shore
midnight sky
watching the snow or rain
a hot bubble bath
a sunset
the sunlight through my window
my sister's skin
a mountain range
space
a bride and groom's first dance
Bethlehem when Jesus was born
a baby falling asleep in his mother's arms for the first time


i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

2 comments:

Melissa Franklin said...

That's awesome. My kids would first ask "What's serene mean?" then, say "Playing play station" LOL

Anonymous said...

Bethlehem when Jesus was born.. I love that student :)