Tuesday, February 2, 2010

LACE

Last night the LACE girls were at my house because Kris is out of town. I try to do good discussions and not just talk the entire time, but I am a teacher and it is too easy for me to just talk!!! (sorry girls=) We are talking this semester about not wasting our lives. After reviewing stuff from last week, I talked about "life descriptions" of people from the Bible. Some were Anna, Ezra, Josiah, Hezekiah, Zacharias and Elizabeth (my favorite!), and Job. I made the point that these people probably didn't know that their lives would be recorded for all eternity to know and see! What if God wrote something down about our lives today that would be "kept on file" for all eternity? What would God write? That challenged me, even as I shared the thought with the girls! I ended with Ecclesiastes 12:13-14. That verse basically says that the whole point is to fear God and keep His commandments. If we don't do that our lives are wasted. I think it stuck with some of the girls. I hope so. As I reviewed and studied and prayed I was moved by God. I so hope they were as well. And as you read this post, I hope you are challenged, too, to think about your life in view of eternity. What have you done for God today? What time has been wasted in the last 24 hours? It's a sobering, humbling thought!!

No comments: