Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fearless Feet - Beautiful Feet

I was walking last night and I thought of all the places my feet have been and all the things they've done. Of course, my whole body went along with the feet, but if you take a moment to focus just on your feet, thinking back to what they've been through, you'll remember a whole lot things. As I thought of the places and things, I was amazed at what a full life I've led! Take some time to ponder the paths your feet have trod over the years, the things they've done, places they've been, and THANK GOD for the life He's given you. Here are a few examples that I thought of for my feet...praise God =)
 
*Hiked in the Alps, Appalachians, Grand Tetons, and Badlands
*Stood in the Pacific, Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico, Lake Michigan, and Lake Huron
*Danced the tango, foxtrot, chacha, samba, swing, mambo, waltz, salsa, and hustle
*Walked the streets of California, Mexico, Ukraine, and Germany
*Driven bicycles, go-carts, two-seater sports cars, 15-passenger vans, and my Ford Focus
*Toured cathedrals, museums, aircraft carriers, zoos
*Kicked soccer balls, chased little kids, escaped little kids, walked to and from classes for four years, ran up and down a zillion stairs at Rosy Mound
*Been stepped on, pampered, door to door selling candy or passing out tracts, blistered by burning blacktop, stuck with thorns, buried in sand, at the edge of the Grand Canyon
 
The list could go on and on and on...but you get the idea. I'd love to hear where your feet have carried you over the years! My greatest goal for my feet, though, is found in the book of Isaiah - "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion, 'Your God reigns!'" My feet have done much over the years, but they are most precious to God when they carry the Good News of Jesus Christ to those who have not heard it. The travels and trials of my feet are in vain should I forget to take with me "Jesus Christ and Him crucified."


i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God really knows how to talk to me.. :)

Yesterday I just slipped off along a busy avenue amid the rush hour and the traffic.. :) it was a really funny and annoying experience, but it would not happen because of the new shoes I'm trying ;)

My latest blog post is QUITE similar to yours.. :) and thanks for sharing with us this article :) Keep in mind that I'm following your blog updates ;) take care always and God bless.