Friday, September 28, 2007

Surprise, surprise...

Thursday morning we teachers left for the Great Lakes Christian Educator's Conference (Convention? I can't remember...) It was early and I was tired, but Katie, Karin, and Stacie rode with me in the Expedition so we had loads of fun. Our first meeting was a big group session with all the teachers at the conference. As we sat and waited, Karin said, "That's Beth and Melody." I about had a heart attack. "Beth" is Bethanie Wall, my best friend from college whom I have not seen in person since May 2005. Though we have kept in touch, I have not seen or hugged my best friend in over two years! Imagine the feelings of happiness in me....well, you can't really, it was too incredible. During the conference we passed each other and talked a bit, but today we sat together at the last workshop and spent a while talking afterwords. Walking the halls with our bags, standing around talking while we waited for the next session, stopping off at the bathroom on our way, made it feel like we were back in college. Two years is not enough to separate two friends who shared such a close bond during college. It was as though we had never been apart. Beth and I have our own lives in different places now, but she will always have her own special place reserved in my heart. Love you, Beth!!!

1 comment:

tacky said...

It was so good to see you and allthe other teachers from LBA. Say hi to your mom and tell her I'm praying for her. Cheryl T