Friday, September 14, 2007

Birthday


Yesterday morning my students insisted I sit in "my" chair (my favorite, ugly orange chair I bought for $5 at a garage sale last summer) and open the cards and gifts they brought me. Then for lunch they, along with my mom, surprised me with a pizza party. Patti Wallace made me a wonderful Four Seasons basket with yummy treats and cute teacher things. For dinner mom and I went to The Melting Pot. It was totally amazing! We started with a spinach and artichoke cheese fondue that came with veggies, pieces of Granny Smith apples, and a bread/tortilla chips bowl. We split an entree that consisted of pieces of steak, chicken, and white shrimp. With the entree came a dish of squash, potatoes, mushrooms, and broccoli. We also got 5 different sauces/dips for our meat and veggies once they were cooked. Our "cooking style" as they called it was the Court Bouillon. Everything was incredibly delicious. Unfortunately, we did not have time or room for any dessert fondue, so we will have to return and try the chocolate with strawberries, brownies, and other tasty morsels. The restaurant is a bit expensive, but the experience is definitely worth it. If you have a Melting Pot near you and have not tried it, I suggest making it a date with your spouse, significant other, or a group of good friends. After dinner mom accompanied me to my ballroom lesson. She said she enjoyed it and that my instructor is a good teacher. She should know, she's been teaching much longer than I've been around! Then she went home and I finished the night with a party at the Kentwood studio. My birthday was super fun, and now I am heading off to Chicago!

No comments: