Saturday, April 14, 2007

Here I Am!

The past several months I have enjoyed reading my former soccer coach's blog and another blog belonging to a good friend of mine. Today I decided to create a blog of my own. Why? I like to communicate with people. I like to hear what is going on in everyone's life, so I thought maybe someone, somewhere might like to know what is going on in my life. Don't worry, I won't tell you every detail of every day. This spot will be a place for me to lay out my thoughts, my feelings, my joys, my concerns of the moment. I will tell you the funny stories from my classroom. I will let you know how the jail ministry is going. And, I will try to be an encouragement by sharing things that I learn from my personal Bible study.

I chose the title "Stand up Straight" for a couple reasons. First of all, I am six feet tall and happy with my height. Ask those who know me well...I may enjoy flip-flops more than any other type of shoe out there, but I do love a good pair of 3" wedges or heels! When I wear the heels, I stand up straight as always. There is no shame in being tall. God made me tall and I have no problem with that.
Another reason I chose the title "Stand up Straight" was to describe how I feel about life in general. People who 'slouch' through life are lazy, careless, thoughtless, and blind to reality. Folks who stand up straight are confident, hard- working, and aware of their surroundings. I want to stand up straight in all of life.....whether it be in my spiritual life, my career, or my home. I will stand tall, work hard, and move forward in life.

As I post on this blog, I hope you will see me standing up staight in my life. I hope you will see how I am moving forward, taking risks, living life to its absolute fullest.

2 comments:

Melissa Franklin said...

I will enjoy reading about you and what's going on in your life! Keep it up to date! Love ya!

Lindsey said...

I plan to write every day! Love you Lis!