Sunday, April 15, 2007

ER

Looking out the window behind the computer I get a perfect view of the clear night sky. Near the horizon the sky is a fading orange as the sun sinks into the lake for the night. But up above, high in the sky for all to see is a lone star (or is it a planet?!). Spindly branches of the tree outside our window are spread like fingers tenderly surrounding and protecting that precious speck of light. What a beautiful night......and what a day this has been.

I had to stand up today, in the middle of the church service, to take mom to the ER. She was having severe chest pains all of a sudden. No child wants to hear that from their parent! She is fine now, no need to worry. But, we did have to spend, oh, eight hours in the ER waiting for tests and test results. Half the church showed up and half our family. I was annoyed for a minute, really. Don't they know I am an adult and am perfectly capable of handling things myself? "Go home everyone!" I wanted to say. However, as I think back through the day, I must give thanks for God for providing us with such a loving, supportive church family, and an ever- loyal biological family. Not only does God so graciously wrap His own arms around us, He also gives us many other arms to enfold us as well.

2 comments:

tacky said...

Welcome to blogland! I love it...it is a way for me to escape reality and visit with adults during the day! I am glad to hear all is well with Mom! Those situations are always scary...thank the Lord for His protection! Hi to all!

Lindsey said...

Hi! I was so inspired by your creative posts that I had to join =) I know I am going to love it. I check yours every day!