Thursday, February 12, 2009

Undivided

The past many months God has been moving mightily in my heart to surrender several areas of sin and stress to Him. One by one the deepest issues of my heart have been brought to the surface, and one by one I have gladly, finally!, thrown my burdens at the feet of my loving, forgiving Savior. With some of my heaviest burdens gone, I have been able to focus better on living my life in a way pleasing to God. Last week I came across some verses that really sum up how I now want to live for God. The first was Psalm 86:11 -Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. The second, 1 Corinthians 7:35 -I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord. Now that I have given to God those sins that drew my eyes away from Him, I have a great desire to live for Him and Him alone. I know I can't do it alone - in fact, I finally understand that I can only change by letting God have His perfect way in me. So I am praying each day for an undivided heart and undivided devotion to the Lord. You can pray, too, and certainly you are welcome to ask me how it's going. Praise Him!

No comments: