Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Momentary Lapse of Insanitary

There's a book called The Chaos King written by Laura Ruby. It's prequel is The Wall and the Wing. Two of the weirdest books I have ever read (listened to actually), but I enjoyed them. In Chaos King there is a bird named Pinkwater's Momentary Lapse of Concentration. I believe there is an explanation for the name in the book, but I don't remember it. Anyway, until I looked it up just now, I could not for the life of me remember Pink's full name. I loved to say that phrase (Pinkwater's Momentary Lapse of Concentration) but couldn't remember the last word. For some reason what I always say is "Pinkwater's Momentary Lapse of Insanity", which, of course, makes even less sense than the original phrase. Well, today I was working on something and had an "aha!" moment. My students asked what and I said, "Oh, I just had a momentary lapse of insanitary." Oh my. It gets even goofier, if that's possible. My "super hero name" from a silly little game thing on Facebook is......can you guess?......Pink Water! All of this is total, utter nonsense, yes I know. But it's kinda funny and ironic too. So this Pink Water did, indeed, have a momentary lapse of concentration, insanity, insanitary, or something, today!

No comments: