Saturday, February 14, 2009

This Thing Called Love

Not only have I been given the gift of God's abundant love, but He has also blessed me with many earthly relationships full of love and joy. He has given me parents who love me always and unconditionally; students who love me even when I am totally wacky; girl friends who show their love by listening to my struggles and sins and by praying for me; cousins who love me more like a sister; older women who love me and pray for me like one of their own daughters; little kids who love to hug and cuddle with me; friends to laugh with, cry with, watch scary movies with, shop with, travel with, and share secrets with; dear friends from college days I still keep in touch with and visit; couples in church who like having me around even though I am single; people who speak the truth to me in love; families who would love for me to live with them should the need arise; parents who love having me be involved in their kids lives; people who love me enough to give of their time, energy, and money to help meet my needs. I could sit here all day listing for you the hundreds of encouraging, uplifting, loving relationships God has given to me. All these people whom I cherish are gifts from God. I don't deserve them! I am so loved! Praise God...

No comments: