Monday, February 2, 2009

Too Fun

Today in science we discussed the water cycle. (see Job 36:27-28!) Two things the book mentioned, among many other things of course, were that the process of evaporation is not something we see happening, and that during a 2 hour visit to somewhere such as the Gulf of Mexico about 10 million gallons of water evaporates. So, I told them about my trip to Florida in May and that my friend and I spent at least four hours at the Gulf...think of all the water that evaporated during that time! But, I told them, of course we didn't see it happening, right? Josh replied, "You were havin' too fun." Oh how we laughed! Such a sweet comment; he was so serious! I love teaching, I love these kids. =)

3 comments:

Melissa Franklin said...

You were too busy looking for shells too! :) Great fun!

Lindsey said...

yeah, I love doing that...but I feel so bad cause I hope you didn't feel neglected, seriously!
=( You weren't upset with me were you???? You know I have the absolute most fun with you, and those days in Fla. were amazing!

Melissa Franklin said...

No way was I upset! I thought it was funny actually. I was glad that I wasn't at the beach by myself! :) HA!