Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Reading

I plan to read alot alot this summer and would love for you to recommend a book or ten. I started the summer reading The Wright 3 by Blue Balliet, and I am currently reading the third in that series, The Calder Game. They are meant for older kids, but I enjoy them immensely. The first book is Chasing Vermeer. The books are mysteries concerning a Vermeer painting, a Frank Lloyd Wright house, and an Alexander Calder sculpture. What intrigues me is how the author blends fiction and reality - I have learned much from reading these books. I recommend them to any adult or older child and keep a copy of each on my bookshelf at school for my students to read. Below are some other books I plan to read. Again, I am open to all your suggestions; I love any genre.


The Invisible Man, The Time Machine, and The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

2 comments:

Melissa Franklin said...

I've read "The Invisible Man" I think you'll like it. By the way, did you get that movie, "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?"

Lindsey said...

Yeah, I did. It was ok, not what I was expecting though. Oh well!