Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas yesterday!

scarf from TAD; Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans were in my stocking

I spent all afternoon and evening with the Woodby family. So fun!

TAD wanted to hand out the jelly beans and not tell us the flavor so we'd

have to figure it out as we ate the jelly bean.

This Christmas was definitely different, but it was fun. We opened our gifts on Christmas Eve this year. I didn't really want anything much for Christmas. You know, the older I get, the less I care about gifts. They just don't really concern me much. Oh well. Anyway, I did have a favorite gift and a favorite "stocking stuffer". My favorite gift was Harry Potter 3-6. I bought 1 and 2 for myself quite some time ago, and mom got me 7 for my birthday. Now my set is complete! Already I am almost finished with book four. (Ok, I listened to 2, 3, and the first half of 4 on disc=) My favorite stocking stuffer was the bag of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. They are a candy from the Harry Potter books. The flavors are things like sardine, black pepper, pickle, ear wax, dirt, sausage, earthworm, and vomit. Totally disgusting! Once all our presents were opened I got them out and TAD, Annie, and I tried a few. You should have seen our faces! We had to spit out a few because we just couldn't stand it. These were a favorite because I got to share them with TAD and Annie, and they made us laugh and have a good time together. Weird, huh? It has been so long since I've spent time like that with those two; it was so much fun!

From 2:30 til about 10:45 I was at Woodby's house. We played games, watched movies, and ate a fabulous dinner. I love being at their house. Everyone was there and all the kids love being together as a family. You don't see that a lot these days. We had a fun, relaxing time. It was definitely different from any other Christmas, but I'm ok with that.

No comments: