Thursday, October 15, 2009

By and By

Where does the time go? Is it really October 15 today?! It is difficult to imagine that the first quarter of school is more than half over, that we've already had our annual trip to Klackle Orchard, that the teachers' convention has come and gone. This year has been the best of all so far, though. I have the best students - all of them are great, from my eager 2nd grade boys to my two bright 6th graders. I love them all! Tomorrow we are all having Hawaiian Day. I will try to get some pictures up here. I am in charge of elementary events this year and this is our first big in-school event. Not a major event actually, just dressing up with a craft, book, games, and snack in the afternoon. Fun way to end the week, no? And today I found some great ideas and worksheets for writing scary stories. Week after next we will work on them as we anticipate Halloween. No, we don't celebrate Halloween here and the stories won't have to do with Halloween night necessarily, just something fun to do this time of year. (Write your own scary story with these fun worksheets!) God has shown me much grace this year by giving me many ideas for improving my teaching, classroom management, and more. When I have felt the least like doing the work that needed done, God has given me just enough strength to carry on. More than once I have been able to press on through planning and grading to have a stress-free weekend or evening. What a relief that is! Praise God. I have been physically weary most of this year so far, but by God's power alone I have pulled through and even stayed on top of things. This has been an awesome month and a half. I am honored and blessed to teach at LBA, to teach these eight students, to teach with other amazing teachers, and to teach for God my Savior. Praise Him, and happy fall =)



i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

No comments: