Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Ears like a hawk" and other stories

The kids tried to sneak up on me several times today, but for some reason they never could startle me. Each time I was sitting at my desk working on the computer so my back was to the door. They tried to firgure out how I could "sense" them and not be spooked. Could I see their reflections in the monitor screen?! Abbie told them to just stop trying to scare me because I have "ears like a hawk."


I handed my second grade boys a math page and told them to put their name on the paper. Being in a silly mood I started telling them "You can be Joseph and you can be Thomas, etc." They got all "what, what's going on?! what?!" on me and thought it was the craziest, coolest thing that I was letting them write a different name on their paper. Then they asked if they could write last names, too. Ok, I say. Now instead of Jack, Jared, Wyatt, Joshua, and Ryan I have Edward Restaurant, Jr., Thomas Maid, Franklin Treesap, Gary Maple, and Joseph Humbly. Please note that I didn't pick the last names, they did!

 
We had elementary chapel today. Yay! A group of high school students, along with a couple teachers and Pastor Mark, run the chapel time for us. Today we sang a Noah's Ark song to the tune of The Ants Go Marching. As we sang - it was a long song - the high school students and teachers acted out the story! It was such a cool idea! Some of the teens dressed up in animal costumes, they had spray bottles for rain, and thunder sound affects. Bad guys and Noah were dressed as such, and they had posters of clouds, sun, and rainbow. After the lesson the kids were able to color a Noah's ark picture. So awesome! I love getting some of the high school students involved with teaching the younger ones.


i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

No comments: