Saturday, November 29, 2008

Movies, Medicine, and Minute Maid

Last year I got the really yucky flu Thanksgiving weekend. This year it's the allergy/sinus crud. Woohoo, super fun. So I stocked up on movies, cold meds, and oj with extra calcium and vitamin D. I am Sadie- sitting this weekend so I have the quiet, cozy Anhalt home to myself. Even though I'm sick, I have lots to be thankful for. Even a few things just from this weekend - I've had good times hanging out with mom and dad, I got to spend some time with Amanda and Adam and their kids, and Stacie P. and I were able to get out early to do some Christmas shopping yesterday. Though I am not a fan of early mornings nor did I have a list of specific ideas for gifts, I found Christmas presents for all but one person. Every thing I found was right on or under my budget, and I am really happy with all of it. I thank the Lord! Today is a gorgeous day, and being sick is not my idea of a fun holiday weekend. But, I have so much to be thankful for so I can't complain!

No comments: