Saturday, May 2, 2009

Songs for Saturday

Music is an important part of my life. I listen to music to wake me up and get me to sleep; I sing in the car, the shower, the classroom, church, everywhere; and I dance to music. Over the past several months, as I have been learning and growing through some stressful situations, God has brought to mind the words, phrases, or stanzas of a few songs that really made me think. Here are some of the lines from those songs. Think carefully about each word; let the meaning soak in. I know this is not Scripture, but the lyrics to these songs are biblical and powerful. I hope they can be a blessing to you as they have been to me!


"Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace."



"He, to rescue me from danger, interposed His precious blood."



"All to Jesus I surrender; all to Him I freely give. I will ever love and trust Him; in His presence daily live. I surrender all..."



"Your name is a strong and mighty tower. Your name is a shelter like no other. Your name, let the nations sing it louder, 'cause nothing has the power to save but Your name!"




Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life

Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go


[ Tenth Avenue North Lyrics are found on www.songlyrics.com ]



i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

1 comment:

Melissa Franklin said...

I love "Turn your eyes upon Jesus" It's such a great reminder or eye opener to me who can be so stupid!