Monday, October 27, 2008

Abundance

The past several weeks I have been working on doing loving deeds for others, talking to others about them instead of myself, and so on. Last week, the tables were turned it seemed. As I made it my goal to give - time, energy, money, anything - I was the recipient of all those belssings. Here is a list of what God did for me last week, and the people He used in my life:

*Trish noticed I was not myself and listened to some struggles I was having and gave some encouragement.
*Trish had the tool I needed for a school project.
*I was able to find what I needed, and more, for my new unit on Africa. Everything came together quickly and expeditiously.
*Jenna was happy to see me and didn't cry when her family left her with me for a few hours.
*I planned to take some girls home from school, out of my way, and their dad showed up after all.
*On our "sewer" day, Sam bought my lunch and Karin paid for coffee later.
*The day I thought about a specific, expensive need, God put a gift card in my box at school to the specific store for the exact amount I needed!
*All the Woodbys were home and I got to spend some family time with them.
*Trish was willing to get together and help me establish a budget. What a friend!

In all of this I was, and still am, amazed at how God has blessed me even as I am working at using my life for the benefit of others. This past week I was humbled and encouraged to continue to press on and work at being a blessing. It is truly so much greater to give than to receive, but I thank God for allowing me to be on the receiving end last week so I could be reminded that, without Him, I have nothing. I need Him every hour, and He is all I need.

1 comment:

chris ann dykstra said...

i am soo thankful for you! i am proud of you, and i love you very much. mom