Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kate's Wedding

June 20th was Kate Woodby's wedding. It was beautiful! I got to go down to Schaumburg on Thursday night with the Woodby family, since they consider me part of the fam. All day Friday we spent doing wedding stuff, including manicures, pedicures, and lunch with the bridal party. I was honored to be part of the festivities! During the rehearsal, Rachel, Luke, and I played Scrabble Slam. Fun game! The wedding was gorgeous, the challenge to the bride and groom was the best yet - very original, and the reception hall was stunning. Such a fun time. Thomas' girlfriend, Rachel, came down from Wisconsin on Friday so she and I spent alot of time together while everyone else did wedding-y things. Friday night we stayed up talking til 2:15am since we could sleep in the next day. Hehehe! After the wedding on Saturday, the rest of the Woodbys, Rachel, and myself went to a Schaumburg Flyer's baseball game. We had intended to go downtown Chicago, but train times and our schedule didn't really work together. The baseball game was a blast, though. We even saw Batman! Not the real one of course, which was a bummer. =) After the game, we five kids - Thomas, Rachel, Mikey, Kristin, and I - went to eat at Chili's before dropping off Rachel at a friend's house. Sunday we slept in and went to church at eleven. Got to see Dr. J. another time. Olive Garden for lunch, then home again, home again, jiggity jog. The ride home with Kristin, Tomo, and Mikey was a blast of course. It was a splendid weekend!

1 comment:

tacky said...

ohhh, post more pics of te wedding! I would have driven in for the wedding...you all were so close, but I didn't know when or where and she's married! Wow! There is no pic of the groom and the family...tell everyone hello for me!