Saturday, September 6, 2008

Everything

I honestly have not felt like posting for a long time, especially since going back to school. In the spring I started being tired all the time. I remember telling mom "I just can't stop being tired, no matter how much I sleep." The summer was really rough because of that, too. I was always, always tired. Not yawning and dozing all the time, but my whole body was just exhausted. It was awful. Finally, mom and Sam told me to go to the doctor. But how dumb I felt going to Doc and saying, "Well, I'm tired, have been for about six months now." It seemed ridiculous to me. But Doc was really nice and patient and ordered some blood work done. Hopefully this week I will find out something. I realize that tons of people, and possibly some who are reading my blog, are suffering far worse than I, but I can't describe how the fatigue has affected my thoughts, my emotions, my relationships, and my everyday life. It has been such a struggle to just get through every day, much less get through it well! I praise God for His faithfulness and patience because my spiritual life has suffered as well. On top of the fatigue, my allergies are bugging me a bit. Oi! For a long time I just let it get to me, but the last few weeks I have been able to get back on my feet and get my mind where it ought to be. I have found hope in God's strength since I have none of my own. I have found peace and relaxation through reading His Word, praying, and listening to encouraging music. I have made some changes in how I spend my evenings which, I hope, will help me sleep more peacefully as well. I wish I had been able to see this as a growing time earlier, but I praise God for helping me now.

No comments: