Monday, August 11, 2008

What was she thinking?!

Just before noon today, Charlie and Sydney were playing restaurant at home. Besides their kitchen play set, they were using some plastic beads for rice. Suddenly, Charlie looked at me and said, "I have a bead in my nose." I promptly replied, "No you don't." Unfortunately, she was right and I was wrong. Doh! She did, indeed, have a bead up her nose. So I called her mom the nurse and we trekked on up to Mercy so Kelli could check it out. (We decided it was too far up for me to try to get it out.) Syd and I waited while Kelli and Charlie went to the ER, and finally, about 1:15 or so, they returned. The procedure was successful, and Charlie did not want to keep the bead. Seriously, child! At least I am being prepared for my own children, eh? Sorry, no pictures of this ordeal. =)None of us had eaten lunch yet so Kelli treated us to lunch at the hospital cafeteria. Well, "treat" isn't exactly the word I would use for whatever it was we ate there, but it was fine. We all survived the day and spent the rest of our afternoon enjoying the sunshine at Aunt Sandy's.

No comments: